We have put together some additional information to help support mental health during the COVID-19 crisis.
Look after yourself, look after your mental health – be kind to yourself and other – for further details click https://mhfaengland.org/mhfa-centre/resources/for-schools/self-care-schools.gif
One of our Year 8 pupils has completed a project looking at the Importance of Sleep – click here for details The Sleep Cycle
The latest Mental Health support documents can be downloaded here:
For day to day self-care and support click Secondary – Self-care and seeking support wellbeing guide
There is confidential support available if you have been bereaved or affected by suicide – contact the Greater Manchester Bereavement Information Service – click SNAP
Wellbeing week challenges and activities – click Wellbeing week activities secondary
One-to-one online support from 42nd Street for details click Online Support Poster 2
For full detail –Greater Manchester Mental health Resources
DIGITAL MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
Greater Manchester health and care providers and the voluntary sector are stepping up support for people with mental health needs, learning disabilities and autism during the COVID-19 crisis.
Mental health services across Greater Manchester have considered the digital options available to continue to deliver care. They are now mobilising an expanded range of digital support offers across Greater Manchester including:
• Shout crisis service – a 24/7 text service with trained crisis volunteers who will chat using trained techniques via text responses
• Kooth – an on-line counselling and emotional well-being platform for children and young people
• Living Life to the Full – one of the world’s most used wellbeing support packages and aims to provide key information using everyday non-complex language
• BlueIce – an evidenced-based app to help young people manage their emotions and reduce urges to self-harm. This is only available on ‘prescription’ from a clinician working in child and adolescent mental health services.
• SilverCloud – an online therapy programme for adults proven to help with stress, anxiety, low-mood and depression.
For further information see our Safeguarding page click http://www.st-paulshigh.net/index.php/school-information/safeguarding/