EXAM BOARD:  CiDA (Certificate in Digital Applications)
Mr Steed (Head of Department)

The Certificate in Digital Applications (CiDA) is a vocational qualification developed at level 2 for creative learners with a passion for digital content.

The CiDA qualification is ideal for students who want the opportunity to explore and acquire a broad understanding and knowledge of the creative digital industries, and the ability to apply that knowledge in practical contexts. The UK is a world leader in the creative digital industry.

The CiDA qualification aims to build technical innovation and creativity by engaging and enthusing young people with an interest in areas such as digital graphics, interactive multimedia products and computer games. The course gives students the chance to identify, engage with and apply the skills that contribute to the success of the industry.

CiDA at Level 1 consists of 2 units, both of which are internally assessed. Unit 1, Developing Web Products, is a mandatory unit which accounts for 25% of the qualification. One of the following optional units makes up the remaining 75%:

• Unit 2 – Creative Multimedia
• Unit 3 – Artwork and Imaging
• Unit 4 – Game Making

CiDA at Level 2 offers the same choice of units, but Unit 1 – Developing Web Products is externally assessed through a practical examination.

Higher Education Courses/Careers
After completing a CiDA qualification, you’ll have the foundation of knowledge and skills you need to progress to further study of computing and IT-related courses at level 3 including A Level Computing.
Career pathways that require the use of ICT: Creative Industries, IT Sector, Gaming Industry, Software Development.