Summer Holiday Activities
MCRactive and Manchester City Council are offering thousands of FREE places for children to access a variety of activities & a FREE meal over the Summer Holidays in Manchester for those on benefit-related free school meals.
To book your child’s space: Sign up for an MCRactive Go account https://www.mcractive.com/. Once signed up, log into your account – http://Find Activities – Search by Category ‘MCR Holiday Activity’ Use code when asked: 64894 to book free eligible activities. Please also visit https://loadstodo.co.uk/ to view additional FREE holiday activities and other opportunities taking place across the city.
Please note that the system will only show sessions 6 weeks in advance, so you may need to log back in at a later date to make further bookings.
*Please only book your child onto a holiday camp if they will be attending. Spaces at each camp are limited. If you book a space and your child can no longer attend, please cancel your space as far in advance as possible, to allow the opportunity for another child to take their space at the activity and free meal.
Summer Help and Advice
There’s lots of useful help and advice here click Summer help and advice
Cost of living support
- Manchester’s FREE Cost of Living Advice Line: Support and advice about benefits, rent, debt, bills, food support and help to get online (support to access the internet, laptops, phones and data). The advice line is open Monday to Friday 9am to 4.30pm on 0800 023 2692. You can speak to someone about the support that is available. You can also text on 07860 022 876 or visit gov.uk/coladvice
- Manchester’s web page for help with the cost-of-living crisis: A comprehensive guide to the financial help and practical support available to Manchester residents
- Local help and support; Information about support and advice in your local area
- Manchester’s web page for those in financial difficulty: Providing information on housing/council tax, FSM, and fuel, travel and cash grants, furniture and white goods
- Free SIMS/internet data for those eligible
- Help with internet use, digital inclusion and use of computers in our libraries
- Governments Help for Households campaign
- Social Tariffs: Information about low-cost broadband/phone service packages, for those on low incomes.